Most SportX bettors use Bettor Mode to instantly get the best odds available. However, smart bettors can get even better odds by using Bookmaker Mode.
This guide will show you how Bookmaker Mode works and the benefits and risks of using Bookmaker Mode vs Bettor Mode.
Bookmaker Mode Benefits
- Better Odds - Both sides get better odds when you use Bookmaker Mode to set your own odds. It's the only win-win available when betting on sports.
- More Control - If you think the available odds don't reflect the true odds of winning, you can set your own odds as high or low as you want!
Bookmaker Mode Risks
- Be Patient - When offering odds, you have to wait for someone to take the other side of your bet. It could take a few minutes or hours for your order to be filled.
Be Honest - You can offer whatever odds you want, but the order book always puts the best odds at the top! If you offer poor odds to other bettors, it's unlikely that your bet will be filled.
How to set your own odds with Bookmaker Mode
Step 1 - Switch SportX to Bookmaker Mode
- Go to the SportX Exchange by clicking here
- At the top of the page, switch Mode to Bookmaker
Step 2 - Select a Market and Game
- Click a Market from the Markets panel and select a Game
- Decide which bet type, side, odds, and bet amount you want
Note: We picked a Svitolina/Halep game in the WTA Wimbledon market.
Over/Under: Looking at the available O/U odds, the U 21.5 is slightly favored. We think that the O 21.5 will win, but we want better O/U odds than the 1.946 currently available. We decide we want odds of 2.05 on the Over 21.5, and are willing to bet 100 Dai.
Step 3 - Set Your Own Odds
We'll start by submitting a Bookmaker Order for our Over 21.5 bet. We want to bet 100 Dai and get odds of 2.05 on the Over 21.5.
- Select the side you want to bet on: Over 21.5
- Enter the odds you want: 2.05
- Enter your bet amount in Dai: 100
- Select an expiry time: Game time
Step 4 - Check that you are offering competitive odds
When you set your own odds, you have to be aware of the odds that you'll be offering to other bettors. In this example, if we want our Over 21.5 bet to be taken, we need to make sure the odds we offer to other bettors are near the top of the order book.
- After you've entered your Bookmaker bet, check the odds that you are offering to other bettors. They are located to the right of your Bookmaker bet entry
- Compare the offered odds to the current order book to see how competitive your odds will be
In this example, we are offering odds of 1.952 on Under 21.5. If we look at the current Under 21.5 order book, we can see that the best odds available are 1.91.
Since the odds we will be offering (1.952) are 2% better than the current best odds (1.91), then it is highly likely that our order will get filled, since we will be at the top of the order book!
Step 5 - Submit Your Bookmaker Bet
- After you are happy with your Bookmaker bet, click the green Bet Over 21.5 button at the bottom of your bet
- A popup will show you a summary of your bet. Click Confirm
- Metamask/Bitski will ask you to authorize your bet. Click Sign/Confirm
Using Bookmaker Mode, you successfully submitted a bet with odds of 2.05 for Over 21.5 during the Svitolina/Halep game.
In doing so, you offered odds of 1.952 on Under 21.5 to another bettor. If you check the order book, the odds that you offered will appear in green.
Bookmaker Mode is a Win-Win for Both Sides
Both sides get better odds when you submit a Bookmaker bet. How?
You submitted an order on Over 21.5 with odds of 2.05, which are 5.3% better than the previously available odds (1.946). Higher profit for you!
On the other side (Under 21.5), you offered odds of 1.952, which are 2% better than the previously available odds (1.952). Higher profit for your opponent!
This is the magic behind betting exchanges: both sides can get higher profit by offering and accepting orders.
Head on over to the SportX exchange to explore markets and submit your own Bookmaker bets!